Our application process begins with a one-on-one orientation, during which we will outline the qualifications and application process. Plus, you will have the opportunity to get all of your questions answered.
To set up an orientation, please call Michele at (360) 379-2827 or send us an email at: email@example.com.
The three criteria for building a house with Habitat are:
- Habitat partners with people who need a decent and affordable place to live. If you live in “substandard” housing and can’t afford something better, you may qualify.
- Substandard can mean unsafe or unhealthy, lacking utilities, too costly, overcrowded or temporary.
2. Ability to Repay a Mortgage
- As a partner family, you will buy a house from Habitat that you help build. You will repay a low cost mortgage not exceeding 30% of your income.
3. Willingness to Partner
- Homeowners invest 250 to 400 hours of sweat equity labor in building their own house. In addition, monthly homeowner classes prepare families for responsibilities of homeownership.